Laureus USA Funding Opportunity in New Orleans
- On behalf of our funding partners the Brees Dream Foundation, the Sugar Bowl Foundation, and Nike, Laureus USA is pleased to announce funding opportunities for sport for development organizations working in Joe Brown Park and the larger New Orleans East area.
All applications will be considered based on the specific proposal for this one- year grant cycle which will run January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021. Organizations may propose funding for an ongoing project or initiative; however, no preference is given to re-funding previous grant partners. Grants are available at the $20K level and $30K level.
About Laureus USA
Laureus USA works to change the lives of youth and empower communities through the power of sport. We are a part of the global network of Laureus foundations using sport to tackle violence, discrimination and disadvantage in over 40 countries.
Who We Fund
Laureus USA funds non-profit sport for development organizations that intentionally address a particular and relevant social issue facing youth, while increasing physical activity and enhancing social-emotional development.
Funding will be granted to organizations:
- Using sport to create impact in one or more of the following social focus areas: Education, Health and Well-being, Employment, Inclusive Society, Peaceful Society, Women and Girls
- Operating in or planning to operate in the New Orleans East area
- That demonstrate a sustainable organizational structure
- That demonstrate commitment to leadership and resource development in the field of sport for development
- That commit to collecting data on youth participants and participating in Laureus bi- annual reporting
Who We Do Not Fund
- Organizations that do not emphasize positive youth development through their programming
- Other foundations or intermediaries that do not provide direct sports-based youth development programming to youth
- Pay to play organizations such as for-profit youth sports leagues or those solely focused on training for elite- level athletic achievement
- Schools and/or scholastic sports leagues
Organizations interested in applying for funding should complete the Expression of Interest (EOI) form by Friday October 16th. Only successful EOI applicants will be invited to complete a full application.
Expression of Interest due Friday, October 16th by 5pm CST
Invitations to Full Application Extended Monday, October 26th by 5pm CST
Full Applications due Friday, November 6th by 5pm CST
Notification of Awards late December 2020